The Kyangende Community Secular Hub: Spreading Science, Education, and Health in Uganda – Post by Kiketta Tadeo
Editor’s Note: The U.S. Transhumanist Party features this guest post by Mr. Kiketta Tadeo of the Kyangende Community Secular Hub in order to bring attention to an effort from one of our allies in Uganda in spreading technology, education, and secular values. Core Ideal 2 of the U.S. Transhumanist Party “supports a cultural, societal, and political atmosphere informed and animated by reason, science, and secular values.” Sometimes even basic technological and educational advances, which are ubiquitously available in more developed countries, can lead to dramatic improvements in the length and quality of life of humans in certain parts of the world. Ultimately, the aim of transhumanism is to make the technologies of abundance universally available to all who desire them – so we commend the work of the Kyangende Community Secular Hub in advancing this goal in a place where the need for technological progress is great.
~ Gennady Stolyarov II, Chairman, United States Transhumanist Party, April 23, 2018
Kyangende Community Secular Hub is found in Kibalya Village, Mahango Subcounty in Kasese, Uganda, around 6 miles from the Kasese main town. This organisation was formed to help people in the rural community of Kasese to understand science and to enable people to understand their values as human beings in order to make a difference. The following are some of the objectives of this group:
- Promoting health in the community. The area lacks hospitals to help get immediate service, especially to pregnant women who are delayed on the way, being carried on stretchers to hospitals in town, leading to the loss of many children.
- Establishing health programs to fight malaria and provide first aid through the rural clinic.
- Promoting education of girl children through supporting women and educating them on the importance of education.
- Promoting talents through music, art, and culture among the women and youth.
- Encouraging people to do good to their fellows as human beings.
- Fighting bad beliefs by promoting science and technology.
- Fighting domestic violence in families by forming groups and making songs that teach people good ways of keeping their families.
- Promoting environmental conservation through tree planting.
- Forming gardening projects to reduce famine and provide good nutrition.
Those are pictures of my community people fighting malaria using mosquito nets and holding meetings while planning other activities like goat keeping, piggery, and making songs.
For inquiries and ways to assist, contact Mr. Kiketta Tadeo:
E-mail: Kyangendec@gmail.com OR email@example.com
One thought on “The Kyangende Community Secular Hub: Spreading Science, Education, and Health in Uganda – Post by Kiketta Tadeo”
We feel good when we do good and share with you, health and education can save us.